Saturday, October 17, 2015

Our Final Update on Kameron

There have been some recent holidays in the United States and in China which have delayed our Article 5 process by about a week. It's now looking more like we will be heading to China around Thanksgiving or just after that. I was feeling a bit discouraged about it at first, but this will allow us to be home for our youngest child's 2nd birthday, which I have been really hoping not to miss. I have been able to find my silver lining in the wait. And I'm grateful for that. Because the wait isn't always easy....

After Article 5 is processed, this coming week we are anticipating "Article 5 pick-up" then we move on to Travel Approval and start planning dates and our trip in more detail.

Our apple butter (Jesse made over 100 half-pints) sold out within less than 2 weeks. I still can't believe how successful this fundraiser was!! And the making of said apple butter not only made our home smell like Fall, but it sure makes me miss our time in Nashville, Tennessee! Thank you to those who participated and really encouraged us to pursue this kind of fundraiser!

I'm working on a photobook to give Kameron on our "Gotcha Day." It will be a book about our story finding him, pictures of our house and of his new family, and what we and so many others have contributed to help bring him home. I worked on the last page of the book today. I spent quite a long time listing all the names of those who have helped us along the way. As I worked on this portion, I had a tear in my eyes. I was in awe as I counted the names. So far, there are over 120+ names that in some way have helped us on our journey to get Kameron home! When God call's you to something BIG, he certainly provides BIG!

We also got our final (that's right, our VERY last) update on Kameron that we will get until we travel to get him. We ALL get so excited for these updates. Even the boys will suddenly be motivated to help finish folding and putting away laundry, just to get to hear new things about him. And, it came yesterday with a new set of pictures.



Jesse and I are trying our best to prepare for our upcoming travel (we have our suitcases and are probably now some of the MOST immunized people around) and to also prepare and invest in our 3 boys at home. I have loved their enthusiasm for their new brother. The way the two older boys embrace Kameron's culture with their thirst for all things China, has been absolutely wonderful. The love they have for Kameron is already well evident.

In terms of our fundraising, we are excited to tell you that we have raised all BUT $400 dollars of our $2500 Lifesong for Orphans matching grant. Click here if you wish to donate (Click on Gift Preference: Adoption specific. Family Specific. Maddux. Account 5497). Additionally, we learned just TONIGHT that we have received a $1,000 adoption grant as well! That puts us within a couple thousand dollars of being FULLY FUNDED! Praise the Lord!

Today, I have been reflecting on the last 10 months, when we first started talking about possibly considering the adoption. How frightened we were in the beginning. Especially, when the sinking feeling hit about the cost of the adoption. How on EARTH were we EVER going to raise that much? People don't have that kind of money just lying around. And looking back as we near travel to China...  we can see the finish line. I look back at those scared but obedient people, and see how we are NEARLY there-- about to cross the finish line of the adoption marathon. Our trust and faith is ALL in. I can see how God has used this process of the adoption to make us a stronger more connected family. How it's helped me become an even better mother. It's helped Jesse become and even better father. It's helped open our eyes, in ways we never could have imagined.

Knowing the process required for an adoption and the in's and out's of all it took: Would we still do it, knowing then what we know now? In a heart beat! This journey has been an awfully big adventure.




1 comment:

  1. So excited for you. Thanks for keeping us posted, and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete